The form and degree of local government involvement in healthcare differs widely between and within countries. However all share the imperative to ensure the enforcement of standards at the point of care. Competence management is an intrinsic part of this work.
- Ensure quality at the point of care independent of health worker profession, location or institution
- Provide competency frameworks for consistent standards and methods of care based on governing entity requirements
- Assign and enforce healthcare worker competence development based on patient needs
QUALITY AT THE POINT OF CARE
By managing competency at the point of care, care providers can rest assured that evidenced based standards and governing body requirements are enforced.
- Patient safety ensured
- Consistent delivery of care
- Reduced risk with decision making, errors and related costs